These pages are regularly updated, please select here to view the latest version.
(click image to enlarge)
The final concert in the Chiltern Camerata's 2017/18 season is
Paradise Lost - Paradise Regained.
Words and Music Marking the Centenary of the End of the Great War.
Saturday 9th June at 7.30 pm,
All Saints Church, Marlow.
Tickets are £12 on the door (under 18s free)
We shall be exploring the concept of 'The Pastoral in Wartime', through music from the early 20th century in the context of letters, diaries and poetry compiled and read by Andrew Green, who did the same for our highly successful celebration of Frederick Kelly in the same venue in November 2016.
Music performed will include:
- Vaughan Williams: The Lark Ascending, with soloist Thomas Aldren
- Vaughan Williams: Symphony Nr 3 (Pastoral) 2nd movement
- Butterworth: The Banks of Green Willow
- Delius: On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring
- Elgar: Sospiri
- Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin
- Gurney: By a Bierside, In Flanders