These pages are regularly updated, please select here to view the latest version.
The Walks Group has 8 enthusiastic members, who organise a series of guided walks around Marlow throughout the summer months. Even if you have lived in Marlow for many years you will see things you have never seen and learn history that you never knew when you join one of the walks.
- Walks last between 1 and a half and 2 hours.
- They need not be booked in advance.
- They cost £2.50 per adult. Children go free.
- Walks can be organised for clubs and societies by pre-arrangement and tailored to requirements. To arrange a walk for your group, please email on email@example.com stating your preferred date and time.
Guided Walks available are:
- Marlow Town History Walk - a stroll around the historic centre of this ancient town.
- Forgotten Marlow - a guided walk around some historic but lesser-known parts of town.
- Victorian Marlow - wiith the emphasis on C19th people and places and a look at Marlow after the coming of the railway.
- Marlow River History Walk - exploring Marlow's fascinating and ancient links with the River Thames.
2 walks have been written especially for schools or groups of children:
- An introduction to Marlow for children.
- Victorian Marlow for schools.
A full listing of diary dates of forthcoming walks is shown on the History Group Events page.
To contact the walks group: firstname.lastname@example.org